Queens’ Semitic Language Scholars through the Ages (contd.)
Title page, from: Herbert M.J. Loewe, Catalogue of Hebrew manuscripts in Trinity College Library, Cambridge, 1926
Herbert Loewe was educated at Queens’ and taught Hebrew here for several years before teaching at Exeter College, Oxford. He later became Reader in Rabbinics at Cambridge (1931-40). Loewe catalogued Queens’ R.H. Kennett Memorial Library, and several other major Hebrew collections in Cambridge. On display is his catalogue of Trinity’s Hebrew manuscripts. The Muller Library at the Oxford Centre for Hebrew & Jewish Studies houses an archive collection of nearly 5,000 pamphlets and letters belonging to Loewe and his son Raphael.